BURBANK, Calif. – February 14, 2019 – This March, Marvel Studios’ epic new adventure Captain Marvel flies into theaters, and Disney twenty-three was on set during production. The new movie explores the origin story of Carol Danvers, who might be the most powerful Super Hero ever. Stars Brie Larson and Samuel L. Jackson talk about making this groundbreaking film. How they have become good friends—Jackson loves to show off the impressive iPhone video Larson sent him off the grueling training she endured to transform into a courageous character. Plus, every copy of Disney twenty-three, delivered to Gold Members of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, will include an exclusive poster highlighting 10 amazing characters moviegoers will meet when the film opens in March.
That’s not all the Marvel Universe offers in the Spring issue. Avengers: Endgame directors Anthony and Joe Russo preview what fans can expect in the follow-up to last year’s smash hit, Avengers: Infinity War. Marvel Studios’ executive vice president of production, Victoria Alonso, opens the doors to her impressive office. Author Lorraine Cink previews some of the 65 powerful women celebrated in her colorful and funny new book, Marvel Powers of a Girl. And fans will shrink down to explore the new attraction Ant-Man and The Wasp: Nano Battle!, a pulse-quickening adventure that will have the titular heroes—and guests at Hong Kong Disneyland—facing off against the powers of the wicked agents of Hydra.
Also this March, Tim Burton reimagines Dumbo with a dazzling, live-action tale that opens up the magical world of the animated classic in thrilling ways. In exclusive interviews, Burton and stars Colin Farrell and Danny DeVito reveal what it took to bring this enchanting tale to life—and we finally find out what happens after the title character’s famous first flight.
And in celebration of D23’s 10th anniversary, the publication’s back cover features a “10 FAN-tastic Years” patch exclusively for D23 Gold Members.
Also included in the Spring issue of Disney twenty-three:
- The stars of Disney Channel’s Kim Possible live-action movie talk about accomplishing their Vancouver “bucket list” and celebrating the original animated series
- A fond look back at Walt Disney World Resort’s Dumbo’s Circus Parade
- Disneynature’s icebreaking new feature, Penguins, follows a first-time father’s hilarious and heartfelt adventures.
- Raven-Symoné reflects on the 20th anniversary of Zenon: Girl of the 21st Century.
- An exploration of Walt Disney’s revolutionary Alice Comedies, which blended animation and live-action in innovative new ways
- Every big Disney Parks announcement from D23’s Destination Devent—from Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge news to a first look at the Disney Skyliner
- Regular features include By the Numbers, Character Analysis, D Society, and Ask Dave.
Disney twenty-three, delivered directly to fans’ doorsteps, is offered exclusively to D23 Gold and Gold Family Members as a benefit of their membership. The latest issue will begin arriving in late February.